This 90-day program is specifically designed to relieve your chronic back pain, joint instability and hampered range of motion in both your limbs and your back, and created by world-class wellness experts and led by Men's Journal "Top 100" trainer Ron Mathews who has spent more than a decade sculpting the physiques of entertainers, producers, executives and professional athletes.
Ron took first place in the 2016 Reebok Crossfit Games (ages 45-49) and has been recognized by Men's Journal as one of the best trainers in the world. His dynamic fitness methods have been used by many celebrities, including Jennifer Garner, Eva Mendez and Hugh Jackman. Now YOU!
Joining Ron in this program is Fitness Hall of Famer and workplace wellness pioneer, Linda Shelton; and Pilates master and licensed physical therapist, Alycea Ungaro. The program contains a mix of low intensity walking, Pilates and yoga. It also includes stretching, balance, stabilization, muscle relaxation and posture exercises to address back muscles that are weak and/or imbalanced. The goal is to reduce your pain and enable you to fully participate in daily life activities.
This program lays out for you the number of exercise days, the amount of time and the activities that you will progress through for 90 days. Challenge yourself; do as much as you can to progress safely, pain-free. Our goal is that you complete all workouts and progress from month-to-month with the programs you have been given. Each 30 days, you will change programs, which ultimately progresses you to the next phase of healing and maintaining a healthy back.
About Your Program
- Your Healthy Back programs include 6 progressive programs per month, that vary between 18 to 38 minutes each, over the 90 days, 17 total workouts which include: cardio workouts to increase overall circulation; resistance training to increase overall strength and muscle tone, particularly of the muscles which support the spine; targeted back, hip and abdominal exercises that will improve posture and muscle balance; Pilates to improve the core muscles and yoga to improve joint mobility and flexibility.
- Our programs target more than the back; they train all the muscles that support your spine to collectively maintain a more stable spine position, which will relieve a host of symptoms.
- Our exercises are meant to train your body to let go of tension and any holding pattern you may be experiencing, which is common when one is in pain.
- Our exercises teach you how to use your core muscles to effectively stabilize and protect the spine, increase mobility and integrate the body as a whole, so you can move stress-free and pain-free.
- You will be alternating between workouts to give your muscles a chance to recover. This is the best way to continue to make indicative changes in your health as you move toward maintenance and a long-term pain-free condition.
- Take at least 1 day off per week.
- If you miss a workout on the day prescribed, pick it up on the following day and push your whole program forward.
- Try to be as consistent as possible. If you usually workout in the morning and you can’t for some reason, do the workout in the evening or visa versa.
- On your prescribed days off as well as on exercise days, you want to stay as active as possible to accumulate activity minutes. The more active you are overall can significantly reduce the threat of re-occurring back pain and increase your well-being.
- Track your progress by checking off minutes completed daily as well as tally weekly workout minute totals for each week. This will help you stay consistent.
Need a more low key workout?
Adrienne Reed's yoga workout gives special focus to back and spine strength and stability. Use this program anytime for back support and pain relief.
Kent Burden's 12-minute Healthy Back program is based on gentle Yoga stretches that can be done one or more times per day to stretch the low and mid back.
These programs PLUS MORE included within this one (1) annual membership to VIGOROOM where you can find other do-it-yourself, self-help personal improvement programs at no additional cost than what you pay here as part of our ‘break UP to better’ series.
Once registration has been confirmed through this payment portal, VIGOROOM will reach out to you via personalized email. You will then be asked to complete an online Health & Wellness assessment, which takes a minute to fill out. The assessment allows VIGOROOM to compile a wellness plan based on your fitness level and health needs that you can follow to completion.
Coaches featured in our VIGOROOM rarely contribute to collaborative forums of this kind and each charge $150 to $300 hourly for a private one-on-one session but not HERE at THE BREAK-UP BIZ™. Our HELP SQUAD can guide you but nothing will work unless you do the work. To keep you on track, expect VIGOROOM reminder emails but no one is more invested in you than you, which is why THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ is built on a self-help premise.
VIGOROOM membership ($83.88 annually) comes with no contractual obligations and is not available for purchase anywhere else but here at THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ through a one-of-a-kind partnership with VIGOROOM, which is HIPAA Compliant and does not share confidential information, nor will THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ reveal your personal identifying information.
Need more, find MORE in the dropdown menu abd/or in other boxes featured throughout THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ experience!