Research confirms that eating meals more slowly results in weight loss without feeling hungry! This 21-day challenge will give you some simple tricks to use at the dinner table and will help you build new eating habits that can change your life.
"Most Americans eat too fast, and, as a result, they take in too many calories before they realize they've eaten enough. It takes approximately 20 minutes from the time you start eating for your brain to send out signals of fullness. Leisurely eating allows ample time to trigger the signal from your brain that you are full. And feeling full translates into eating less."
In support of this statement, WebMD shares the following research: "...a recent Japanese study involving 1,700 young women concluded that eating more slowly resulted in feeling full sooner, and thus eating fewer calories at mealtime."
There is much more research that has been done on the benefits of eating slowly. For instance, an article in the November 2013 Journal of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics indicates that increasing the number of chews before swallowing reduces food consumption.
Another article in the January 2014 issue of this same journal confirms that eating slowly results in consuming fewer calories over the course of a meal. In addition, the July 2, 2103 issue of the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism shares research indicating that eating slowly improves satiety (feeling more full), which also translates into eating less.
Other benefits of eating slowly include:
- Better break down of food resulting in improved nutrient absorption.
- Less air intake during eating, helping to eliminate bloating and flatulence.
- Weight loss as a result of less food consumption.
- Less indigestion and/or heartburn.
- Greater appreciation of the flavors and texture of food and the overall dining experience.
This program plus hundreds of other audio and video programs are included at no additional cost than what you invest here into a Netflix style series of BREAK-UP DIETS® in personal growth programs powered by the largest digital library of wellness content, and hosted by a HELP SQUAD of world-class experts in emotional, physical and financial health.
Also included with this program is access to celebrity trainers who have coached dozens of Hollywood sweethearts from Jennifer Garner to Brad Pitt. Our A-list coaches rarely contribute to collaborative forums of this kind and typically charge $150-$300 hourly for a private one-on-one session but, not here.
- By purchasing this program, you will receive one (1) all-access wellness pass in membership to our wellness community of world-class experts in emotional, physical, and financial health.
- Once registration has been confirmed, expect a personalized email from VIGOROOM, which powers our programs as the largest digital library of wellness content for mind, body, and spirit.
- You will then be asked to complete an online Health & Wellness assessment, which takes a minute to fill out. We are HIPAA compliant, which means we do not share confidential information.
- Once complete, a wellness plan based on your fitness level and health needs will be presented to you, one that you can follow to completion. The program you selected here will most likely appear within recommendations. If not, courses can easily be adjusted.
- To keep you on track, expect reminder emails but note, no one is more invested in your wellbeing than you, which is why THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ is built on a self-help premise.
Your all-access wellness pass comes with no contractual obligations except in this one-time annual payment of $83.88, the price of one Starbuck coffee per month, and is not available for purchase anywhere else but here through a one-of-a-kind partnership with VIGOROOM.
An upswing to breaking UP to better is to be well in love, life, and at work, and in mind, body, and spirit. Let that be you!