Mindfulness improves Productivity. It is the ability to clear your mind of distracting thoughts and be fully present. This skill is helpful throughout the day as you need to focus on completing a task at hand. This challenge will help you develop mindfulness and also become more productive. Over time, as your mindfulness skills increase, your rate of productivity improvement will accelerate.
How to Practice Mindfulness Today
- Have a seat. Find a calm, peaceful location. You don't need to sit an any particular position, just make sure you are stable, so you can sit comfortably for a while. Your eyes can be open or closed.
- Set a timer. Five to ten minutes of mindfulness practice is plenty for beginners.
- Pay attention to your breath and body. Don't change anything about your breath, just be aware of the air flowing in and out in a rhythmic pattern. It may be helpful to place your hand on your stomach to feel your belly (not your chest) rise as you inhale in and fall as you exhale. Be fully present with your body, noticing, but not judging or interacting with any sensations or thoughts you may have.
- Notice when your mind has wandered. And it absolutely will wander! It wants to be busy and in control. When you realize it has wandered, simply return your attention to your breath. The goal is NOT to empty your mind. All you are doing is learning to be fully aware of the present (in this case your breathing). The purpose of not judging your thoughts or feelings is to practice "not reacting" to the distractions going on around you.
- Return to the anchor of your breath again and again. This is the key component of mindfulness training. The ability to recognize that your mind has wandered leads to a healthier and smarter brain, because you can then consciously re-focus on the present task. The more often you do this in practice, the easier it will be to do it in real life situations.
- Track your progress (optional). Have a pad of paper sitting next to you. Each time you notice your mind has wandered, make a tally mark. Do this without giving it any thought, to minimally interfere with your mindfulnes practice. You should see that your tally marks will decrease over time as your mindfulness skills improve.
After you complete the mindfulness practice above and work on a productivity technique below, you have completed the day's challenge, mark the challenge day as complete. Don't stop here! Continute to work on a productivity enhancing technique. Implement one new technique each day. By the end of the challenge, make sure you have focused on each point at for at least one challenge day.
This program plus, MORE are included within this one (1) annual membership to VIGOROOM where you can find other do-it-yourself, self-help personal improvement programs at no additional cost than what you pay here as part of our ‘break UP to better’ series.
Once registration has been confirmed through this payment portal, VIGOROOM will reach out to you via personalized email. You will then be asked to complete an online Health & Wellness assessment, which takes a minute to fill out. The assessment allows VIGOROOM to compile a wellness plan based on your fitness level and health needs that you can follow to completion.
Coaches featured in our VIGOROOM rarely contribute to collaborative forums of this kind and each charge $150 to $300 hourly for a private one-on-one session but not HERE at THE BREAK-UP BIZ™. Our HELP SQUAD can guide you but nothing will work unless you do the work. To keep you on track, expect VIGOROOM reminder emails but no one is more invested in you than you, which is why THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ is built on a self-help premise.
VIGOROOM membership ($83.88 annually) comes with no contractual obligations and is not available for purchase anywhere else but here at THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ through a one-of-a-kind partnership with VIGOROOM, which is HIPAA Compliant and does not share confidential information, nor will THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ reveal your personal identifying information. Need more, find MORE in the dropdown menu abd/or in other boxes featured throughout THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ experience!