Mindfulness improves productivity, and is the ability to clear your mind of distracting thoughts and be fully present. This skill is helpful throughout the day as you need to focus on completing a task at hand. This challenge will help you develop mindfulness and also become more productive. Over time, as your mindfulness skills increase, your rate of productivity improvement will accelerate. Featured here are 6 ways to practice mindfulness:
- Have a seat. Find a calm, peaceful location. You don't need to sit an any particular position, just make sure you are stable, so you can sit comfortably for a while. Your eyes can be open or closed.
- Set a timer. Five to ten minutes of mindfulness practice is plenty for beginners.
- Pay attention to your breath and body. Don't change anything about your breath, just be aware of the air flowing in and out in a rhythmic pattern. It may be helpful to place your hand on your stomach to feel your belly (not your chest) rise as you inhale in and fall as you exhale. Be fully present with your body, noticing, but not judging or interacting with any sensations or thoughts you may have.
- Notice when your mind has wandered. And it absolutely will wander! It wants to be busy and in control. When you realize it has wandered, simply return your attention to your breath. The goal is NOT to empty your mind. All you are doing is learning to be fully aware of the present (in this case your breathing). The purpose of not judging your thoughts or feelings is to practice "not reacting" to the distractions going on around you.
- Return to the anchor of your breath again and again. This is the key component of mindfulness training. The ability to recognize that your mind has wandered leads to a healthier and smarter brain, because you can then consciously re-focus on the present task. The more often you do this in practice, the easier it will be to do it in real life situations.
- Track your progress (optional). Have a pad of paper sitting next to you. Each time you notice your mind has wandered, make a tally mark. Do this without giving it any thought, to minimally interfere with your mindfulnes practice. You should see that your tally marks will decrease over time as your mindfulness skills improve.
After you complete the mindfulness practice above and work on a productivity technique below, you have completed the day's challenge, mark the challenge day as complete but don't stop here! Continute to work on a productivity enhancing technique. Implement one new technique each day. By the end of the challenge, make sure you have focused on each point at for at least one challenge day.
This program plus hundreds of other audio and video programs are included at no additional cost than what you invest here into a Netflix style series of BREAK-UP DIETS® in personal growth programs powered by the largest digital library of wellness content, and hosted by a HELP SQUAD of world-class experts in emotional, physical and financial health.
Also included with this program is access to celebrity trainers who have coached dozens of Hollywood sweethearts from Jennifer Garner to Brad Pitt. Our A-list coaches rarely contribute to collaborative forums of this kind and typically charge $150-$300 hourly for a private one-on-one session but, not here.
- By purchasing this program, you will receive one (1) all-access wellness pass in membership to our wellness community of world-class experts in emotional, physical and financial health.
- Once registration has been confirmed, expect a personalized email from VIGOROOM, which powers our programs as the largest digital library of wellness content for mind, body, and spirit.
- You will then be asked to complete an online Health & Wellness assessment, which takes a minute to fill out. We are HIPAA compliant, which means we do not share confidential information.
- Once complete, a wellness plan based on your fitness level and health needs will be presented to you, one that you can follow to completion. The program you selected here will most likely will appear within recommendations. If not, courses can easily be adjusted.
- To keep you on track, expect reminder emails but note, no one is more invested in your wellbeing than you, which is why THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ is built on a self-help premise.
Your all-access wellness pass comes with no contractual obligations except in this one-time annual payment of $83.88, the price of one Starbuck coffee per month, and is not available for purchase anywhere else but here through a one-of-a-kind partnership with VIGOROOM.
An upswing to breaking UP to better is to be well in love, life, and at work, and in mind, body, and spirit. Let that be you!