Over the course of 21 days, record your minutes of exercise. Complete the challenge by reaching the total "exercise minutes" goal set by your wellness administrator. Regular cardio exercise reduces stress and improves health and happiness. So, get moving or your chair maybe killing you! Drew Barrymore's Mind-Body 'Go To' Kent Burden, author of the book Is Your Chair Killing You?, will help you become more mindful of how much time you spend in the chair. Making simple changes to your office routine and creating new habits at work will ensure that you avoid "Sitting Disease".
Then tackle the 'Get Up at Work' 90 Day at Work Program created by Exercise Physiologist & Fitness Hall of Fame Inductee Linda Shelton as your personal guide to your At Work health. The goal is to increase your daily activity to combat ‘Sitting Disease.” Too much sitting, for long periods of time is detrimental to both your health and your waistline.
If you sit for less than 2-3 hours a day, you’re already somewhat active; you are definitely not a sitter. However, these exercises can help you increase circulation and aid with any stiffness and stress release when you do sit. If you sit for more than 2 hours at a time and possibly for many hours a day, this program will help keep you healthy, keep your mind and muscles turned on, and add activity to your lifestyle to counteract the heightened risk of lifestyle diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Obesity and CHD from sitting too long.
To help you in being proactive in maintaining and regaining your health, you are receiving a specifically designed program with the following activities you will do for the next 90 days.
This program lays out for you daily activities to add to your work day Monday through Friday, twice a day: in the morning to keep your energy up and in the afternoon to counteract the pm stress slump. We encourage you, however, to repeat these exercises as often during the day as you can squeeze them in. Since each exercise is only 1-2 minutes (with the exception of the Total Body Toners which are 3-5 minutes), they are easy to do without disturbing your work flow. The more often you do them, the more beneficial the cumulative effect.
The movements you are receiving fall into 3 Categories:
- Stress Busters to release stiffness, tension and aching muscles from too much sitting
- Recharge to feel good moves to pump up your energy and circulation
- Toners to target upper and lower body, abs and core—you can firm up—a minute a time at your desk.
This program includes a variety of activity formats including body weight training for toning, cardio, core work, yoga and stretching, all doable at your desk or in the surrounding work environment. Try to:
- Add more formalized exercise programming, at a minimum of 150 minutes per week: take a hike on the weekend, get to the gym, take a long walk/run, lift weights, dance, whatever activities you’ll do are the ones you should choose.
- Be as consistent as possible and take regular breaks at work, a minimum of every two hours. You want to stay as active as possible to accumulate activity minutes. The more active you are overall can significantly reduce your health issues as you get fit and increase your well-being.
- Challenge yourself to get more active; do as much as you can to progress safely. Our goal is that if you complete all the workouts weekly, you will be increasing your activity time per week by 20-30 minutes. This seemly small amount of time can do wonders for your health.
This program plus, MORE are included within this one (1) annual membership to VIGOROOM where you can find other do-it-yourself, self-help personal improvement programs at no additional cost than what you pay here as part of our ‘break UP to better’ series.
Once registration has been confirmed through this payment portal, VIGOROOM will reach out to you via personalized email. You will then be asked to complete an online Health & Wellness assessment, which takes a minute to fill out. The assessment allows VIGOROOM to compile a wellness plan based on your fitness level and health needs that you can follow to completion.
Coaches featured in our VIGOROOM rarely contribute to collaborative forums of this kind and each charge $150 to $300 hourly for a private one-on-one session but not HERE at THE BREAK-UP BIZ™. Our HELP SQUAD can guide you but nothing will work unless you do the work. To keep you on track, expect VIGOROOM reminder emails but no one is more invested in you than you, which is why THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ is built on a self-help premise.
VIGOROOM membership ($83.88 annually) comes with no contractual obligations and is not available for purchase anywhere else but here at THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ through a one-of-a-kind partnership with VIGOROOM, which is HIPAA Compliant and does not share confidential information, nor will THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ reveal your personal identifying information.
Need more, find MORE in the dropdown menu abd/or in other boxes featured throughout THE BREAK-UP BIZ™ experience!